lundi 20 juillet 2009

Day 3 en retard

Yesterday, I went to bed a bit stressed because I didn’t find neither a cheaper (decent) guest house nor an apartment, because I didn’t have a cell phone to call the potential places and because I got stressed of paying that much my (very modest) actual room. Today, I spent the day in this workshop i told you about, hunting down interns to find some good tips. The day has been long so to say, as I didn’t find any concret solutions to my problems. Moreover, I was a bit illegally in the building of the UN and I had to explain every time I was going somewhere why i didn’t have a proper UN card that allows me to be inside. Not good. Coming out of eight hours meeting, i was really fed up and just wanting to run around Addis to find something. I randomly found the driver on the way out (first good surprise of the day). He is my saver. He is a thin guy who speaks so so english, who is coming from a very poor family but who strongly believes that when you want to get out of misery, you just can work so much that you can manage anything and he is the nicest person I met so far. So he fixed my UN card (just have to go get it tmw to get out of illegality), he drove me to a cheaper guest house to visit (much nicer then what i have now), he bought me a sim card for my phone (btw, my ethiopian nm is : 00252-912 436 038) and took me to this famous supermarket where people put ads on free appartment. The first one I called was people looking for a roomate. We went to visit it.
And there, all my day became a happy day. I found a place ! and it is just… hum.. how to say… an AW-SOME place ! Not far at all from work (walking distance), it is a big (no… huge) house that I share with three people. I met 2: one girl from the US here until September and a guy from the UK here for undetermined stay. They seem really nice. The houseeeeee mouahaha I am so excited! Je me ris de ma trouvaille! I think it belongs to the guy that I haven’t met and who is Ethiopian. There is a big kitchen (comme à la campagne), and big leaving roo, an extra toilet and a bathroom, with a bath and hot water. And a …. Wait for it…. Washing machine! Mouahhaha. There are four rooms; mine just has a big bed and a big cupboard. It is amazingly quiet because….. haha.. there is a garden, which looks like a small paradise inside of the dusty city. I smelt the fresh air for the 1st time! Incredible! It looks like an outside squared room, without a roof, with a palm tree in the middle and grass all around. So green and fresh that I almost fell in love with the place! We have a guard, a gardener and a maid. I am not paying that much (though it was going to be soooo out of reach first!) and the rent includes the fees to send the girl of the maid to school. Mouhaha.
So yes, it is great! Tmw, I’ll leave my shitty place at 8 to move over there. 140$. F^¨*£.M%°. Sacrebleu.
What else to say! Bravo Bravo!!!!
Ok I wanted to tell you first about the GM in the REC and SRO, in collaboration with IO and CO, and the perspectives on GE/WE for the MDG. But I am too excited for that. Really sorry, I know you are disappointed.
I have to pack and sleep, and try not to have the shitty dream of giving away babies like bananas like I had yesterday (thank you white couples of the hotel!).
Kram Kram! (ho, only negative point, no Swedish roommate, would have been to perfect!).

Ps: I am just living my first big storm, lightenings are lightning (oui je sais c’est nul) my rooms, thunders are tonitruants (??) and water is pouring like a cow that piss. Haaa les tropiques!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire