vendredi 7 août 2009

Another week is gone!

Et bien et bien. Sorry I didn’t write for a while. Here is alittle sum up.
Last week end, we have been out with my roommates. We were supposed to go dance salsa (or just accompany our girl roommate to do so while drinking Saint-George, the Ethiopian beer). The salsa club was dead and our Ethiopian friend told us we had to experience this Memo club, a very famous club (not to say the most famous club in Addis). So Why not? Few observations. First, Music was quite “so so ”, a mix between Ethiopian (good), American (so so) and other African music. That was fun. Then, girls. Yeah it is an important think to observe over there. All those absolutely beautiful and hot Ethiopian girls who wriggle their hips to the frenzied beats in the middle of the dancefloor. Wahou. But euh nop “wahou”. They are all prostitutes. Even my American friend who looks very much like she is Ethiopian got some nice nice offers …You can’t really be an African girl in a pub dancing alone if you are not a prostitute. So it is totally bewildering. Then I think we forgot ourselves a bit.. because we ended it up at 6 o’clock in the morning eating injera and fifir in the restaurant of the club, totally starving and exhausted by this night of crazy dancing. I didn’t enjoy a club that much for years (yeah, I am getting old).
The next day, as you can imagine has been a chilling day, good breakfast in a small cozy delicious place, then just a normal Saturday hanging around and not doing much. Ho we actually had a mission which was finding a badminton racquet to play in the garden (ours is dead). We dragged ourselves till this shop where it was just too expensive and achieve our mission but renouncing to this insane purchase (450 birrs). Tim was supposed to arrive at midnight this same day. I was hang over and pretty tired when everyone went to bed, leaving me alone in the dark, without electricity, without battery in my cell phone to set an alarm. Just myself, my book and my tiredness. Awful. I was burned out. Electricity is back, I switch on my cell phone, read Tim’s message: two hours delay. Haaaaaaa I watched a movie and went at the airport at 2 o’clock, stood up a little hour more, and finally found him. That was hell of a long day, but I was happy. Tired but happy.
Since then, we are having a little routine: wake up at 7.30, go to work, leave him wander in Addis until lunch when he comes to eat in small workers Ethiopian restaurants (9 birrs a lunch for the both of us, just amazing!), then he wanders again and come and pick me up at 5.30. Some days he manages to walk around, visit and see things. Sometimes he gets stuck at the terrace of a café, soaked wet, cold trapped by the pouring rain. But I think it is part of the Addis experience, so he is leaving it. It is good.
Ho we went to an Indian restaurant (couldn’t resist), very good and famous one where we filled ourselves with souvenirs of two years ago.
This week end we are planning to get out of town, with bikes or car, to we don’t know where yet. But who cares, we’ll just figure it out soon. Can’t wait to breathe some fresh and pure air. Addis is congested and the air is not nice.
Work is good, i continue working on my project, i am slowly quiting the Spider solitaire addiction and learn a lot of things on AFrica. I like it.
Life is going on as normal around here, I feel home and it is good to have “the visitor” around here. He looks funny because he totally sun-burn at the beginning of the week. I think Ethiopian wonder what kind of guy he is, too red to be white, not enough to be black… just strange Swedish!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire